I've been using coconut oil on a daily basis for about 8 months. This stuff, well it's pretty spectacular. I use it on my hair and my skin for the most part but there are so many other amazing uses for it I just had to share!
Coconut oil can range in price from $5 to $15 (depending on the size, brand, etc) but don't let that price sticker scare you. One jar will last quite a while I promise! It can also be found in most grocery stores (usually in the baking or cooking oil section).
Below you will find a list of some of the best ways to use coconut oil. The ones with *stars* at the end are ones I've personally tried (and love). Enjoy!
1. All Natural Face Moisturizer. Melt coconut oil, add a few drops of vitamin E and place in a small storage container. Apply every morning and night just as you would your regular moisturizer.*
3. Eye Makeup Remover.*
4. Use to condition wooden cutting boards.
5. Frizzy/Static Hair Remedy. Just put a small amount in your hands, rub your palms together, then smooth over hair.*
6. If you are prone to nosebleeds (like I am) dab a little bit of coconut oil on a q-tip then coat the inside of your nostril. *
7. Hair Mask.
8. Lip Moisturizer. *
9. Use in place of vegetable oil when cooking.
10. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil over burns or scrapes to help speed up the healing process. *
11. Sooths minor rashes.
12. Apply to severely dry skin.*
13. Use as a massage oil.*
14. Use a small amount to oil your pans while cooking instead of pan spray.
15. Nail and cuticle moisturizer.
16. Clears up minor diaper rashes.
17. Use in place of shaving cream.
18. Add a spoonful to your smoothies for extra flavor (and nutrition benefits).
19. Add a teaspoon to your coffee (for the same reason as above). *
20. Helps reduce the visibility of stretch marks.
21. Feeling frisky? Use as a personal lubricant (just be sure to use organic virgin oil).
22. Use as a hot oil treatment. Rub a good amount into your dry-unwashed hair, cover with a shower cap, and leave on for at least 30 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual for soft, silky, smooth hair! *
24. It's suppose to be great for our pets too! Just be sure to ask your vet how much you should add to their food.
25. Use instead of WD-40.
Those are just 25 uses. I'm sure there are many, many more. In fact if you have a great use for coconut oil feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to know how you use this amazing product!