1. I surprised even myself when I managed to clean our house with both kids home for Spring Break and a dog that's shedding like crazy. Score one for this neat-freak momma!
2. Speaking of cleaning and a shedding dog, this cutie kept me company while I sorted through my expired coupons (a task I usually do at the beginning of every month). She's been my shadow since she was an iddy biddy puppy and I hope it always stays that way.
3. I spruced up my packages by adding a little washi-tape. Fitting for Spring, don't you think?
4. My herb seedlings are finally coming to life. I love watching how much they grow everyday. Right now I have Cilantro, Chives, Parsley, Oregano, and Basil growing inside on our window sill. I planted some tomato seedlings earlier in the week. Nothing sprouting yet but I'm hoping it happens soon.
and last but not least my favorite project of the week...
5. My husband put together this amazing raised garden bed and trellis. In a few weeks once the weather gets warmer (and my indoor herbs have grown more) I'll be planting our herb and vegetable garden. I've had a small outdoor herb garden for the past 2 years but this will be by far the biggest garden I've tackled for quite some time. I'm a little iffy about how some of the vegetables will handle our climate and elevation. I'm also worried about our new water restrictions. Our city announced we are allowed only 2 watering days per week. I'm wanting to plant those tomatoes but I've heard they require a hefty amount of water, especially once they are transplanted into the garden. As you can tell in the picture above our winter was extremely dry and our grass is well, pretty dead. Cross your fingers we get lots and lots of rain this season.
So that's what I've been up to this week. As always I'm linking my H54F post here . Be sure to stop by the From My Grey Desk blog and see what everyone else has been up to.