Lately, I've been seeing some bloggers share their favorite beauty products (usually in video format but I'm not quiet there yet) and I thought what a fun idea! Basically at the end of every month they round up their favorite hair, makeup, and/or skin care products and they share what it was they loved (or didn't love) about them. Since I'm such a sucker for beauty products of course I wanted to join in on the fun.
So without further ado, here are my favorite beauty products for the month of July.
Everything seen in the pic above are products that I've been using for a while. Like a L-O-N-G while. Which is a good thing and why they made my favorite list.
1. Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser. I absolutely love this shampoo. It was recommended to me by my hair stylist and it's a must have for my daughter and I during the summer. It's a special shampoo that's made specifically for removing chlorine, salt, and product residue. Since my daughter and I are blondies the chlorine in the outdoor pool we go to can leave our hair looking sort of green (not a pretty look). I use this shampoo on us whenever we are done at the pool and sure enough no green hair. So a win-win in my book. It can also be used as a body wash which is great since chlorine usually leaves my skin feeling super dry. Since I only use this product after we've gone swimming it lasts way longer than our normal shampoo, which totally justifies the price in my eyes.
2. Revlon Photo Ready Foundation. What a great product! I went about 6 years wearing only mineral makeup but I heard rave reviews about this liquid foundation and thought "what the heck, I'll give it a try". I love that it's a broad spectrum product with SPF 20. It goes on super light while still providing enough coverage and a little goes a long way with this foundation. My face is super sensitive to foundations and tends to break out, not fun. However, I've been using this foundation for a few months now and no major breakouts. Thank goodness!
3. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. Love this stuff! For years I had to wash my hair every day because it would get super oily and flat. When I heard all the wonders of dry shampoo and how it saves you from having to wash your hair daily I'll admit I was a bit skeptical. I gave it a whirl not thinking it would do much but I was pleasantly surprised. To my amazement it brightened and added volume to my 2nd day hair. My only complaint is that I'm not crazy about the scent. It smells similar to the Tresemme hairsprays which for some reason doesn't smell that great to me. Other than that I love that it's an affordable product and can be found just about anywhere.
4. Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector by Philosophy. This product is incredible! I was lucky enough to purchase it from our PX so it was just a little cheaper than it would have been at Sephora. Still not a cheap product by any means but it was definitely worth the splurge. Last summer I noticed I was starting to get a couple of dark spots on my face. I quickly made an appointment with my Dr. (I wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious before I started applying countless creams and ointments) and was told the discoloration was basically sun spots. Not cool. So I decided to give the Miracle Worker a go and it's some pretty amazing stuff. It took a few weeks of use before I noticed anything but my skin discoloration isn't nearly as bad as it was. That makes me extremely happy!
5. bare Minerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser. This is another product I purchased from our PX and I cannot say enough good things about it. It's so different from any other cleanser I've used in that it's a powder! To use it I get my hands and face wet, pour a little bit of this product into my hands, then rub in a circular motion onto my face. It creates a nice little lather all while exfoliating. It's pretty cool. I also love that it's free of parabens and sulfates and it's created by bare Minerals which is one of my all time favorite beauty brands. Love, love, love.
6. Essie Nail Lacquer in Bachelorette Bash. This is such a fun summer color. I'd say it's a bright pink (almost fuchsia) with blue undertones. Super cute!
7. Pink with a Splash Soft and Dreamy All Over Body Mist by Victoria's Secret. I've actually had this perfume for quiet a while (which is why I probably couldn't find it listed on their website). I got it forever ago when I had a $10 VS gift card to redeem (I think the body mist cost $8 so it ended up being free with my gift card. Wahoo!). I absolutely love this soft and airy body mist, especially during the summer months. My husband says it smells like candy and since he likes candy I take that as a good thing ;)
Well there you have it. A breakdown of my absolute favorite beauty products for the month of July. I'd love to make this a monthly thing so if you're feeling it let me know.
Psst! Don't forget to check out this Thrifty and Fabulous Accessories Giveaway going on now!